Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy Days :)


Here I’m, writing my first words in 2013; it has been long time since my last written words, and if I remember correctly; my last words were related to disconnecting myself from the hectic and stressful life at work and to be somewhere different with a completely different feelings.

In this regard I would say that my wish came true and managed to take the annual leave from work; to be honest it was the right time for holiday as the project where I was involved in has come to an end and I have had enough of the small little silly stuff that my boss keeps throwing it over my head for the sake of making me busy.

On December 07, 2012 my holiday has started with early morning flight to Cairo where my cousin has made himself available to pick me up at the airport and drive me to Ismailia where my lovely mother and sister were waiting for my arrival.

I had a great week doing nothing other than eating and chatting with the family, had a great time; specially with my cousin who spends most of his time with me however he lives in Cairo. We had a lot of fun, he has a great sense of humor and we never stop laughing and makeing fun of anything.

A week later was the time for my long awaited trip to Spain; I was looking forward to it eagerly and have started the trip by visiting Madrid since it was the point of landing. 


Madrid is a very beautiful city but the lifestyle and the people are quite similar to those in any capital city, people may not seem very friendly and you may need more time to feel the place and be part of it. 

While preparing the trip itinerary, I have considered visiting Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona; of course while in Spain the program had to be modified in a way I didn’t even expect it which was the best part of the trip and as the saying says “Always expect the unexpected!!!” I have opened a door for the unexpected to happen and the result was great experience and meeting fantastic people.


After spending a few days in Madrid; in which the language turned up to be my first barrier, I was thinking about where to go next, and the travel guide have played a major role in this regard and made me thinking about a quick visit to one of Portugal beautiful cities “Lisboa” or Lisbon as they call it in English.  I have stayed in Lisbon for a day and night, but nevertheless I have managed to go all over the city and explore some of the most famous spots. People were super friendly and helpful and the smile doesn't depart their lovely faces.


Visiting Merida was not on my travel plan, but since it was on my way back to Spain from Portugal and after consulting the travel guide; I came to know that Merida has the most and the best Roman ruins in all over Spain, therefore I decided to stay in Merida for two nights and it was worth staying in fact. Lovely, clean city and in addition to the Roman ruins; Merida have got a fantastic, decorated roads and colorful buildings which attract the eyes from the first sight.


Moving on in my trip, heading to Seville; what a peaceful place!!! You really feel the warmth of the place in Seville. Some cities have beauty, while others have soul. Seville falls into the second category. I had a great time there and met some of the very nice people who really made my days wonderful.  


Finally arrived to my last destination “Barcelona”; actually I was able to visit other cities as well before heading to Barcelona, but I decided to go to Barcelona and spend there the rest of my time in Spain. The first two days, were just a kind of walking tours to explore the gems of Barcelona; meanwhile I have decided to attend one of the social meet ups parties in Barcelona for the sake of talking to some friends in English, as I was about to forget how to talk; here comes a new start to my trip!!! 

Meeting a very nice girl from Barcelona!!! we met in the party, we talked, enjoyed the party and then agreed to meet the following day for a walk around to see some of the sightseeing places in Barcelona. She is a very nice person to be wit, a great companion!!! Since I broke up with my girlfriend; I didn't come across anyone who makes me happier other than her. She is very attractive, has a fantastic smile; when she is smiling, I really feel different and she fills my days with happiness and joy.  She is always in my thoughts since I came back from Spain.

I wish we were living in the same city, this was going to change my life entirely, but nevertheless we talk often and this helps sometimes to bridge the far distance that keep us apart.

I still remember her super hug given to me during our last meeting before leaving Barcelona, super hug has followed a great evening on the first day of 2013, a day to remember and a good start of a year, I really hope it carries the best for me. I have been rewarded by meeting her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment